Dog Bite and Animal Attack Attorneys
A dog bite can be a terrifying experience. Victims may suffer severe lacerations or scarring as well as the emotional trauma of the attack. If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog or other animal, you may be entitled to significant compensation to cover disfigurement, including scarring, loss of function, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages, as well as future care needs.
Our attorneys are experienced in aggressively pursuing compensation in dog bite cases on behalf of victims and their families. We will fully investigate the attack and the injuries you suffered. When you or a loved one suffers a vicious attack, contact an attorney you can trust.
Have You Been Injured in an Animal Attack?
If you have been injured by a dog, there are some steps you can take to protect your rights and secure compensation for your injuries. After the dog attack:
- Immediately contact the police who can work with your local animal control agency
- Attempt to identify the dog and the owner as soon as possible
- Make sure that you receive appropriate medical treatment, including rabies shots if they are necessary
- Take photographs of the injury, the dog and other relevant evidence such as an unlatched fence or lack of a leash
- Attempt to secure the names of individuals who may have witnessed the attack
- Contact an attorney to preserve your rights and claims
- Do not talk with an insurance company or sign documents without first speaking with an attorney you trust
We are experienced at handling cases involving dangerous dogs and aggressive breeds, including pit bulls, Rottweilers and Doberman pinschers.
In addition to handling dog bites, our attorneys represent clients who have been injured in all types of animal attacks, including those involving cats, farm animals and other domesticated animals.
Often children are the victims of dog bites, as they are curious and unaware of the dangers of approaching a strange dog. Unfortunately, they are also the most vulnerable to severe attacks. In addition to the physical ailments caused by an animal attack, an injured child may suffer emotional trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Dog bites are generally strict liability cases, meaning that an owner of a pet may be automatically liable for any injuries caused by his or her pet. If you or a loved one has suffered, it is imperative to seek out legal assistance as soon as possible.
How We Can Help
An attorney will be an asset to your case. If you choose to work with our firm, we will work diligently to preserve your rights and claims and ensure that you secure the compensation you need. Our attorneys work to preserve necessary evidence, including animal control officers’ reports, police reports and witness statements. In addition to our legal assistance, we can help you obtain the medical treatment you need, including reconstructive surgery, should it become necessary.